Ornithological safari in South Africa/Kruger Park-Swaziland/Hlane Royal National Park - 2 nights and 3 days
This package is designed for ornithologists and birders. During the 3 days you can usually make from 110 to 130 sightings of different species.
With more than 500 species of birds on its list, the Kruger Park is home to more than half of the species recorded in South Africa.
About 200 of them are migratory birds from Eurasia and North Africa. Migrants are present from November to April. Kruger Park is the best place to observe predator birds , 80 species have been cataloged, including 15 of the 17 eagles.
The least visited northern part of the park (Pafuri and Punda Maria regions) offers the best animal sighting. All rest stops in the park are crucial places for viewing birds, because they are accustomed to the presence of people and there is a high concentration of trees and shrubs.
The southern part of the park (Petroriuskop, Lower Sabie, Skukuza, Berg en Dal) offers magnificent view safaris getting 90 different species in two days.
THE BEST TIME TO LOOK AT BIRDS
Birdwatching in the Kruger is favorable throughout the year, however, his best season is from November to April, when migrant birds from Europe and North Africa are present. The best time for general viewing wildlife is during the dry season from June to September.
HLANE ROYAL NATIONAL PARK
With over 200 species of birds, the park is the ideal place to get the best images.
Hlane has one of the densest populations of birds of prey in Southern Africa. We highlight the Bateleur, Martial Eagle, Crowned Eagle, Steppe Eagle are some examples, along with five species of vulture.
In the southern part of the park, inhabits the Marabu stork, and the scops owl is seen frequently.
Experience in Hlane ends with a bright burst of color from the carpenters birds OBTAIN designations in PORT ..... colorful, frentiblanco eater, Crimson Bee South, Bee Chico, Pointer Great Bearded Pio, etc. They can be seen flying through the bushes.
- 05:00 am.: transfer Maputo/Kruger Park.
- 07:30 am. - 16:00 pm.: safari in Kruger Park, with a 4x4 open vehicle, especially for photographic safaris with a professional guide in ornithology. Visiting the most suitable places for bird watching, hiding places, ponds, rivers, etc.
Dinner and overnight at Pestana Kruger Lodge ****.
- 06:00 am. - 12:30 pm.: safari by Lower Sabie & Malelane area.
- 13:30 pm.: transfer Kruger/Hlane Royal National Park.
- 17:00 pm.: estimated Arrival in Hlane.
- Dinner and overnight.
- 06:00 am. - 08:30 am.: Bush walk with professional guide.
- 10:30 am. - 13:00 pm.: Bush walk with professional guide.
- 15:00 pm.: transfer Hlane/Maputo.
- 18:00 pm.: estimated Arrival time in Maputo.
Prices starting from:
4 PACKS RESERVATION
Price 619 € / person
2 PACKS RESERVATION
Price 819 € / personNote: If you are interested in this program, ask us the details and we'll email you.